M.S. Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Southern’s Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME) degree program provides focused and specialized educational opportunities beyond the BS degree. Students select coursework concentrations in Energy Science, Mechatronics, and General Mechanical Engineering, while conducting in-depth research. The MSME degree prepares engineers to accept greater project responsibility while advancing more quickly in their chosen careers.
Graduate Degree Requirements
Please note: Achievement of the minimum admission requirements of the College of Graduate Studies does not guarantee admission to a graduate degree program. A student who is admitted to one graduate degree program is not guaranteed admission to any other graduate degree program at any time in the future.
- Completed requirements for the bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in the proposed or closely related field of study in Mechanical Engineering.
- A 2.75 (4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average or higher on courses in undergraduate work, or equivalent.
- International students must meet College of Graduate Studies English Proficiency requirements (6.0 IELTS or 80 on TOFEL).
A student may be granted provisional admission based upon the recommendation of the Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering Graduate Coordinator and department chair.
|Priority Deadline||March 1*||October 1*||Does not Admit|
|Final Deadline||July 1*||November 15*||Does not Admit|
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
For more information about admission to the graduate program, please visit the Office of Graduate Admissions. To apply now to the MSME program, click the button below.
- Program of Study Form
- Amended Program of Study Form
- Thesis Committee Membership Approval Form
- Thesis Committee Membership Change Form
- Comprehensive Examination/Thesis Defense Report
Graduate Program Coordinator
If you have any questions about the graduate program, curriculum, or admissions, please contact the Graduate Program Coordinator:
Dr. Shaowen Xu
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Southern University
P.O. Box 8046
Phone: (912) 478-5006
Last updated: 7/28/2021