Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s (ABM) Degree
The Accelerated Bachelor’s Master’s (ABM) program provides qualified undergraduate students the opportunity to begin graduate studies in their senior year and to simultaneously satisfy some remaining requirements for the bachelor’s degree.
A student must apply and be admitted into this program in the semester preceding the beginning of the ABM program. Students must have completed at least 24 hours of coursework in the discipline or related field of the Master’s degree to be eligible.
A student may use up to 9 credit hours of graduate-level courses offered within a single degree program in meeting the requirements of both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree. However, there must be at least 150 unique hours between the two programs.
ABM Program Requirements
- Students in the ABM program may share up to 9-credit hours between the BSME and MSME degree programs.
- Students in the ABM program are limited to 6 credit hours of graduate-level (MENG 5XXXG) coursework in a single semester.
- The shared credits must be from courses at the MENG 5000G level and include MENG 5811G (1 credit), MENG 5822G (2 credits), and up to two additional MENG5XXXG level courses (2×3=6 credits).
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00 in all graduate-level coursework.
- There must be at least 150 unique hours between the two programs.
- Students must meet both BSME degree requirements and MSME degree requirements (thesis or non-thesis).
To be admitted to the ABM program students must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in the BSME degree program at Georgia Southern University, and
- have completed no less than 25 and no more than 50 credit hours of ENGR and MENG coursework, and
- have a minimum Georgia Southern Institutional GPA of 3.00
To apply to the ABM program,
- Current students in the BSME program at Georgia Southern may apply to the ABM program through the College of Graduate Studies.
- Please note that students admitted to the ABM program are not classified as graduate students until completion of all undergraduate degree requirements and graduation from the BSME program.
- Students in the ABM program will not have to re-apply for the graduate program upon completion of the BSME degree program.
Last updated: 5/10/2021