Sonny Butler Information Technology Scholarship
Dr. Sonny Butler was one of the founding faculty of the Department of Information Technology who came to Georgia Southern University in 2002. Dr. Butler passed away suddenly in 2007 from a brain tumor. He was a man of few peers and this scholarship was started in his memory.
- Information Technology major with junior or senior status and minimum overall 3.2 grade point average returning as a full-time student.
- Preference given to individuals that have service and/or involvement in the department, college, university or community.
Safe Systems, Inc. Technology Scholarship (Gladiator Technology Scholarship)
Safe Systems, an Atlanta, Georgia-based company, is a leading provider of technology security services that enable financial institutions to proactively safeguard their information and transaction processing infrastructures, and to comply with the related regulatory standards mandated by the federal government.
- Scholarship shall be awarded to rising seniors, enrolled full time, with a minimum overall grade point average of 3.0.
- First preference goes to students majoring in Information Technology. Should no qualified recipient be found, the scholarship shall be awarded to students pursuing a major in Computer Sciences or Information Systems.
- Financial Need should be the determining factor. All applicants should have a completed FASFA form on file demonstrating financial need. The FASFA form is available at: https://em.georgiasouthern.edu/finaid/how-to-apply/fafsa/.
- All scholarship applications must be submitted through the MyScholarships system, which can be accessed via MyGeorgiaSouthern.
The scholarship of $700 will be awarded.
See the complete list of available scholarships for CEC students.
Last updated: 7/28/2021