IT 5233/5233G – Web & Mobile Security Fundamentals
Cybersecurity is a cornerstone of web-based solutions for mobile applications, networks, and e-commerce. IT professionals must learn to predict, prepare for, and defend against cyber attacks from a myriad of sources if they are to build and support the next generation of business solutions. In this course, you will learn the principles of designing, building, and testing secure web-based solutions. You will also learn how to identify and prevent common security vulnerabilities.
A minimum grade of “C” in IT 2333 and IT 3130. Cross Listing(s): IT 5233G.
On completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Develop secure applications in the web and mobile space.
- Implement web shopping carts and mobile payment solutions.
- Implement secure authentication and data encryption.
- Enable security and privacy protections
- Use security testing tools to identify vulnerabilities in applications.
Rationale for Inclusion
Advanced course work that builds on the fundamental course work to provide depth.
Last updated: 8/10/2017