Internship Forms & Resources
Every IT major is expected to complete a 280 hour internship in an IT related field.
What You Need to Know
When should you complete the internship requirement?
Before you graduate! Typically you will need to have completed the following courses. However, each internship requires different skills, so it depends.
- IT 1130
- IT 1430
- IT 2333
- IT 2430
- IT 3231
- IT 3233
How do you obtain an internship?
- Let us know you are ready – Complete an online application form (opens in new window)
- Look at the posted internships in the Internships or Part-time Jobs section and contact us if you are interested
- If you find an internship, contact us for approval first. You will need:
- Job description
- Company name, location, and website (if available)
- Supervisor’s name, address, phone & e-mail
What is required?
- Submit a weekly work log
- Work a minimum 15 hours per week on average
- Maintain documentation of work you perform (receive permission of employer)
- Samples of work product
- Copies of web pages, databases, code, etc.
- Submit a final report when the internship is completed.
How are you evaluated?
You are evaluated by the employer (midterm & final evaluation). You are also evaluated by the IT4790 instructor.
Internship Forms and Resources
IT Internship Contact Information
Last updated: 12/20/2019