Internship Forms & Resources
Every IT major is expected to complete a 280 hour internship in an IT related field.
What You Need to Know
- When should you complete the internship requirement?
- Before you graduate!
- Typically you will need to have completed the following courses:
- IT 1130
- IT 1430
- IT 2333
- IT 3130 or IT 2430
- IT 3231 or CISM 3134
- IT 3233
- However, each internship requires different skills, so it depends
- How do I obtain an internship?
- Let us know you are ready – Complete an online application form (opens in new window)
- Look at the posted internships in the Internships or Part-time Jobs section and contact us if you are interested
- If you find an internship, contact us for approval first. You will need:
- Job description
- Company name, location, and website (if available)
- Supervisor’s name, address, phone & e-mail
- What is required and how am I evaluated?
- Submit a weekly work log
- Maintain documentation of work you perform (receive permission of employer)
- Samples of work product
- Copies of web pages, databases, code, etc.
- Submit a final report when the internship is completed.
- You are evaluated by the employer (midterm & final evaluation).
- You are also evaluated by the IT4790 instructor.
Internship Forms and Resources
|Internship Form for IT Majors
|The Internship Evaluation Process
|Grading Rubric for Internship Assessment
|Sample Internship Contract (PDF)
|Sample Internship Contract (Download Contract)
|Employer Request for Information Form
|The Internship Process for Employers
IT Internship Contact Information
Dr. John R. O’Malley, Jr.
Phone: (912) 478-0755
All IT students must obtain approval for internships from Dr. John O’Malley.
Last updated: 10/22/2019