I. T. Program Objectives and Outcomes
A few years after graduation, students with a BS in Information Technology will be able to:
- Take on leadership positions and/or embark on a research career in the field
- Collaborate in diverse team environments to make positive contributions in the IT field
- Work effectively in the IT field to make a positive contribution to society
Upon graduation, students with a BS in Information Technology will be able to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Identify and analyze user needs and to take them into account in the selection, creation, integration, evaluation, and administration of computing based systems.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
View the College of Engineering & Computing enrollment and graduation data.
The goal of the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) program is to prepare students for successful careers as IT professionals and to make a positive contribution to society. This will enhance the lives of our graduates and will also serve the needs of our constituents who employ our interns and graduates. We do so in full cognizance of Georgia Southern University’s aims to promote talent and economic development to enhance quality of life” (excerpt from GS mission statement) by developing IT professionals. At the same time, we hope to give the students an enjoyable learning experience, enhanced by innovative pedagogical approaches and hands-on experiential activities in computing that will prepare graduates to make a global impact through their careers in IT.
Last updated: 11/10/2021