I. T. Program Objectives and Outcomes
A few years after graduation, students with a BS in Information Technology will be able to:
- Take on positions as I.T. leaders and/or embark on a research career in the field
- Collaborate effectively in teams
- Work effectively in the IT field to make a positive contribution to society
Upon graduation, students with a BS in Information Technology will be able to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Identify and analyze user needs and to take them into account in the selection, creation, integration, evaluation, and administration of computing based systems.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
View the College of Engineering & Computing enrollment and graduation data.
The primary aim of our BS program in Information Technology (IT) is to prepare students for successful careers as I.T. professionals to make a positive contribution to society. This aim will enhance the lives of our graduates and serve the needs of our constituents. We do so in accordance with ABET CAC guidelines and in full cognizance of Georgia Southern University’s aims to develop “students who value honesty, civility and the dignity of work” (Excerpt from Georgia Southern’s mission statement). At the same time, we hope to give the students an enjoyable learning experience, enhanced by innovative pedagogical approaches.
Last updated: 8/23/2019