Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT)
Upgrade your IT and management skills from anywhere with an on-campus or online Master’s in Information Technology from Georgia Southern University!
In Georgia Southern’s award-winning Master of Science in Information Technology degree program, you’ll develop high-level skills to help you advance in your information technology career. Our program integrates state-of-the-art technology and interdisciplinary and conceptual science with hands-on, operational skills preparation to position you to make an immediate impact in your industry.
Whether you want to specialize in cybersecurity, become a CIO, or develop your own IT systems rather than just deploying them, we can help you get there. The MSIT program embraces the constantly changing demands of the IT industry, providing you with the training you need to analyze and manage IT networks and systems. Both thesis and non-thesis tracks are available within the MSIT program.
MSIT Fast Facts
- Coursework includes:
- IT management
- Data analytics
- Data management and storage
- Network security
- Format Options:
- 100% Online
- 100% In person
- 50/50 Hybrid
- Program Options: Standard, Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s, Provisional Admittance
- Credit Hours: 30
- Time to Completion: 2 Years
- Institution fees: $145 – $290*
- Tuition: $277 per credit hour (in-state) and $1,105 per credit hour (out-of-state)*
* For AY 21-22. Your costs may vary. See Tuition & Fees for details.
MSIT Program Accolades
What MSIT Alumni Are Saying…
“I had support even before reaching here … all of you were always available no matter how busy you were.”Ujwal Gullapalli, May 2021 Graduate
“The knowledge and leadership provided us with a priceless model for our own careers.”Arjumand Fatima, Oct. 2020 Graduate
“The teachings and mentorship were huge contributions.”Kikiope Oyewole, Oct. 2020 graduate
MSIT Program Alumni Careers
Our Master of Science in Information Technology degree is designed to augment the skills of those already employed in the IT field. Graduates of the MSIT program have secured employment in various industries including: American Express, US Army, Intel, Disney, Coca Cola, Home Depot and Shell. Alumni have filled positions such as:
- Software Engineer
- Senior Data Analyst
- Credit and Fraud Risk Analytics Manager
- Microsoft Exchange Engineer
- Program Analyst
- Systems Architect
- IT Security Analyst
- Automation Engineer
- College Instructor
- IT Service Technician
Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s (MSIT-ABM)
For students interested in proceeding directly from undergraduate to graduate studies, Georgia Southern offers a Master of Science in Information Technology Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s (MSIT-ABM) program.
The MSIT-ABM program combines 124 hours from the BS Information Technology program and 30 hours from the MSIT program, exceeding the required 150 unique hours between undergraduate and graduate degree programs by 4 hours. This option is available for both the thesis and non-thesis Master’s in Information Technology tracks.
MSIT Program Admission Requirements
- Admissions to the MSIT program are competitive. Meeting the admission requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
- Completed requirements for the Bachelor’s degree at a college or university accredited by the proper regional accrediting association.
- An undergraduate degree or the equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering, or Information Systems, or a closely related field of study.
- A 3.00 (4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average (GPA) or higher on courses in undergraduate work, or equivalent.
- International students must meet College of Graduate Studies English Proficiency requirements.
- In addition to the above requirements, admission to the Master of Science in Information Technology also requires:
- two years of work experience in the IT field if the undergraduate degree is not in information technology, information systems, computer science/engineering, or a closely related field; and
- a competitive score on the GRE or GMAT exam. The GRE or GMAT exam may be waived if the applicant has three or more years of work experience in IT or a closely related field.
A student may be granted provisional admission based upon the recommendation of the Master of Science in Information Technology Graduate Program Coordinator or Department Chair.
Non-degree students are accepted on an individual basis as space is available.
Do You Have Questions? Contact Us!
Department of Information Technology
Building #255, 1100 I.T. Drive
2nd Floor, Room 2120
Statesboro, GA 30458
Last updated: 5/28/2021