Congratulations to Ms. Suhaima Jamal Averitt Outstanding Research Award

The Averitt Awards are the highest honor bestowed upon graduate students within the Jack N. Averitt College of Graduate Studies (COGS) and serve to independently recognize excellence in two separate categories, Excellence in Research and Excellence in Instruction. Congratulations to Ms. Suhaima Jamal, our graduate student in the MSIT program, who was selected as a final nominee for the prestigious Averitt Award for Excellence in Graduate Research. “It is such an honor to find myself among the only four selected from the entire university and receive a final nomination certificate from the honorable Dean and Associate Dean of COGS”, said Ms. Jamal. “My sincere gratitude goes to my department head, Dr. Yiming Ji and my professors, specifically would like to mention the names of Dr. Meenalosini Vimal Cruz, Dr. Hayden Wimmer, and Dr. Lei Chen for all of their encouragement, constant guidance and belief in my abilities. I feel fortunate enough to be a part of this amazing department.” This is the second award Ms. Jamal has received this semester, we are all confident that more awards will come for Ms. Jamal in the future.

Share:

Posted in Announcements, News