Evans County Board of Education Technology Specialist (80)
Title Technology Specialist
Posting ID 80
Description TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISES: N/A POSITION STATUS: Non-Contracted /
EVALUATION: Position evaluated by Director of Technology
WORK YEAR: 220 days / 40 hours per week
EVALUATION INSTRUMENT: Local SALARY SCHEDULE: Technology Specialist
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and beneﬁts shall be paid according to system’s approved salary schedule. Length of work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the system. Employee must work 130 hours/month to be eligible for health insurance.
Any non-Teacher Retirement System (TRS) eligible employee will have a FICA deduction.
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related ﬁeld
- Information Technology certiﬁcations preferred
- At least ﬁve (5) years successful technology experience
- Such alternatives to the above qualiﬁcations as the Board of Education may ﬁnd appropriate and acceptable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Experience with Windows platforms required. Experience with PC, networking, and Windows troubleshooting and repair strongly desired. Experience with Windows server technologies desired. Individual must be self-motivated, detail and task oriented, and possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
To ensure that sound technology programs are integrated throughout the school system.
- Install, maintain, repair, and provide technical support for all computer, printer, hardware, software, servers, networks, and telecommunications in the classroom and system.
- Collaborate and provide technical assistance to K-12 administrators, teachers, media specialists, and support personnel on all educational hardware and software to ensure its eﬀective utilization.
- Research and review new and updated technology and software.
- Perform periodic maintenance activities such as software patches, downloads, updates, backups, etc.
- Install and conﬁgure user application/software and customize desktop access.
- Maintain desktop security, including deﬁning and providing for access rights.
- Work with software and/or hardware helpdesks as necessary to solve problems.
- Assist with the development of school system/school-level web pages.
- Complete annual inventories of all technology equipment at the school and central oﬃce levels.
- Maintain and update technology inventories as new equipment is added, and as equipment is moved.
- Activate and maintain all warranty information for technology items.
- Follow work scheduling and attendance requirements in a regular, predictable and punctual manner.
- Performs other tasks consistent with goals and objectives that support the vision and mission of the Evans County School System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force as needed to move objects.
Apply at https://evans.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=80#
Shift Type Full-Time
Salary Range Per Month
Location To Be Determined