Georgia Technologies IT Internship
Georgia Technologies is a locally owned and operated Managed IT Services company. We are currently seeking an IT Intern to help provide business-level assistance to our customers. This position includes diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware problems, helping our customers install applications and programs, and assisting with projects. This position is customer-oriented and will require excellent customer service skills.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure all issues are properly documented
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Document technical knowledge
- Maintain good relationships with clients
- General knowledge of networking
- General knowledge of Windows operating system
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate with customers and explain technical information in a way the customer understands
- Ability to multi-task
On the job training will be provided for this position. Overall, you will gain experience in areas such as basic desktop and server support, Windows deployment, networking, Wi-Fi installation and management, and VoIP installation and management, just to name a few.
This is an unpaid internship with flexible hours, here in Statesboro, GA. There is a potential for a full-time position if positions are available. Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.