Industrial Relations Project Categories
Through the College of Engineering & Computing, we can work with your company or industry or professional organization
to develop projects based on your needs or industry trends.
Whether to conduct R&D for materials, products or processes, enhance cybersecurity, trouble-shoot known issues, increase efficiency or effectiveness, change production aspects, design a network or another area,
contact us to find out more about our College’s capabilities and availabilities.
Contract Projects support faculty and/or student(s) in a specific area of research or to provide a service to an industry partner.
Contract projects are facilitated by the University’s Office of Research Services & Sponsored Programs (ORSSP).
- Small research service example: performing a metallurgical analysis of a sample
- Sponsored program example: supporting/funding multiple faculty and/or student(s) over several semesters to create 3D printed models of functional pumps.
Experiential Learning Projects involve hands-on learning for our students in your environment or at your sites.
- Student-Driven Projects – undergraduate or graduate research or a class project
- Company Sponsorship – senior design or capstone projects: please click here to submit a project for consideration.
- Internships – course credit or not for course credit, internships generally take place during a full semester (any time of year)
- Co-Ops – rotating experiences – usually one semester of college coursework, the next semester working at your site – then repeat the cycle over 1-3 years
- Employment – based on your hiring needs and the availability of our current students or graduates
People Projects are opportunities for company personnel to interact with our students.
- Company Presentations to students, classes or student clubs
- Company or Site or Industry Tours for students & faculty
- College of Engineering & Computing tours for company representatives & alumni
- Industry partners serving advisory boards (College or departmental )
Support Projects provides a mechanism for companies, professional organizations, and/or individuals
to give to the Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering & Computing.
- Sponsoring Scholarships
- Equipment Donations
- Directed or Undirected Giving
- Naming Opportunities in the Engineering & Research building (scheduled for completion in 2020)
Have a project need or an idea not listed in these general categories?
Contact Reinhold Gerbsch,
Director of Industrial Relations
RGerbsch@GeorgiaSouthern.edu or 912-478-5474
Last updated: 4/2/2020