NSF REU Testimonial

Testimonial - Stephanie Cheng- UnivDuring the summer of 2014 I was granted the opportunity to take part in the National Science Foundation Undergraduate Research in Green Engineered Transportation Technologies (NSF REU URGENTT) at the Georgia Southern University Campus under Dr. Valentin Soloiu. For those who know Dr. Soloiu, it is no surprise that the experience exceeded all my expectations.

Over the course of about two months, I was introduced to an abundance of technologies and methodologies that have opened my eyes to the world of automotive engineering. As a student whose career path is still open to many possibilities, gaining experience in a multidisciplinary, professional engineering environment has been one of my favorite aspects of the program. The hands-on experience provided to both undergraduate and master’s students at Georgia Southern University is a rarity and something I have come to truly appreciate. The experience I have gained from working with all the students and faculty involved in the program has reawakened my desire to learn as much as I can about the world around me.

I must also mention the great group of people I met over the course of the program. I can honestly say I have never met such an amazing group of students and I look forward to maintaining the friendships I have developed with them. Finding professors, who are as dedicated to their students as Dr. Soloiu is, will be a difficult task. I hope that the future students who have the opportunity to engage in this program are able to appreciate the great opportunity that the NSF REU URGENTT program has to offer at Georgia Southern.

A big ‘Thank You’ to all the people who made this wonderful experience possible. I look forward to reuniting with you in the future.

Stephanie Cheng
University of Miami

Share:

Posted in NSF REU