Bachelor of Science in Construction
A bachelor’s degree in construction management degree will prepare you to oversee construction projects in all stages. You’ll work as part of a team with architects and engineers, budget with cost estimators, and manage construction with laborers.
Our hands-on construction management program has been accredited by the American Council of Construction Education since 1995, and our graduates have gone on to enjoy successful careers in the field.
Georgia Southern’s Bachelor of Science in Construction degree program prepares graduates to:
- Manage project resources including personnel, equipment, materials, money, and time
- Understand dispute resolutions and construction contract laws
- Remain knowledgeable of safety standards
- Schedule project activities and assess construction costs
- Manage and coordinate the project to ensure the team maintains timelines and quality while remaining within a client’s budget
For more program information, see our Construction Management document.
Student Admission Requirements
The requirements for admission to the Construction Management program are the same as the minimum requirements for admission to the university. These requirements include:
- Graduation from an approved secondary school;
- Satisfactory completion of college preparatory subjects in high school which should include the following: 4 units of English, 3 units of Social Studies, 4 units of Mathematics (courses should include Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry and Trigonometry or other higher math), 2 units of a Foreign Languages (must be the same language), and 3 units of Science (2 with labs);
- Submission of satisfactory scores on the college entrance examination board Scholastic Aptitude test (SAT) – minimum 1000 SAT total – or American College Test (ACT) – 21 composite;
- U.S. Citizen or Resident Aliens for whom English is not the native language may be required to take Michigan test upon arrival. Resident aliens must submit a copy of their green card; Submission of an official high school transcript and record of good conduct;
- Major or continued difficulty with the school or civil authorities may make an applicant ineligible regardless of academic qualifications;
- Submission of a Medical History form (provided with acceptance for admission).
Degree Requirements and Transfer credit information
Use the Construction Management Degree Curriculum Sheet to plan your course selections each year and graduate on time.
- The requirements of the core curriculum must be satisfied
- The requirements of the CM program must be satisfied
- A minimum of 129 hours is required for graduation
- At least 30 semester hours of approved construction management courses must be taken at Georgia Southern University
- A minimum of 30 hours of upper-division credits must be earned at Georgia Southern University
- The total institution cumulative GPA of all courses applying to the degree must be 2.0
- A grade of at least a “C” must be earned in all construction management courses
- An approved work experience of 400 hours in the construction management industry prior to graduation
- 100 hours of approved community service hours prior to graduation
- Students must take an Associate Constructor (Level 1) Exam prior to graduation
- Credits for core courses are transferable across all schools within the University System of Georgia
- Any major-specific requirements will be evaluated by the Admissions Office and /or the major department, and appropriate credit will be assigned
- Students who transfer from outside of the University System of Georgia will be evaluated by the Admissions Office and/or the major department, and the appropriate transfer credit will be assigned
Enrollment and Graduation Data
Last updated: 10/10/2018