About Construction Management
The College of Engineering and Computing’s department of Civil Engineering and Construction offers a Construction Management accredited degree program taught by highly qualified faculty.
||The Bachelor of Science in Construction degree program is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE), 1717 North Loop East, Suite 320, San Antonio, Texas 78232, Ph. (210) 495-6161, (www.acce-hg.org). As a Council for Higher Education, ACCE is recognized by US Department of Higher Education and internationally accepted by colleges, universities, and industry.
The Construction Management program is designed to produce leaders with the analytical, organizational, technical and communication abilities to direct the most complicated construction operations. The four-year Bachelor of Science in Construction Management degree curriculum provides a blend of management, business, communications, science, math, liberal studies, architectural, engineering and construction courses to prepare the student for the multitude of career options in construction. A required internship and field experience give our students practical, real-world training.
The Bachelor of Science in Construction degree program prepares individuals to be leaders in the construction industry. Construction managers facilitate the design and construction of projects by:
- managing resources (e.g. people, equipment, materials, money, and time)
- understanding construction contract law and the various forms of dispute resolution
- being knowledgeable of safety standards
- estimating construction costs and scheduling of construction project activities
- coordinating the project team to ensure project quality and timeliness while staying within the client’s budget
The Construction Management Program resides in the Engineering Building and includes extensive lecture and laboratory facilities. All classrooms are equipped with smart classroom technology to facilitate teaching and learning. Computer laboratories are fully equipped with advanced software, BIM (Building Information Modeling) tools, and active internet connections for online project management, bid preparation and submission.
- Construction Materials Laboratory
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory
- Concrete, Steel, Wood Laboratory
- Drafting/Graphics Laboratory
- Three computer laboratories (includes full suite of AutoCAD software with BIM tools)
To engage in the best practices of teaching, scholarship, and service to ensure that past, present, and future Georgia Southern students serve as ethical and highly qualified leaders of construction around the globe.
Last updated: 1/9/2018