Dr. Priya Goeser recognized at annual engineering conference

Priya Goeser, Ph.D., professor of mechanical engineering in the Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing, was recently recognized for her service to the American Society for Engineering Education Southeastern Section (ASEE SE) at the section’s annual conference held in Arlington, Virginia.

Goeser received the 2023 Tilmans-Dion Section Service Award. This award annually recognizes one member who has provided outstanding service to the section.

“I am honored to be recognized and endorsed by my friends and colleagues at the ASEE SE,” Goeser said. “Early in my academic career, I would attend these conferences to simply present and publish my work. Within a few years, however, I developed friendships with some of the people in the section and realized that they willingly gave so much of their time back to the section to make these conferences a great success.”

Her involvement with the ASEE SE has significantly expanded her network of innovative engineering educators who share her passion for education.

“I gradually got involved as a division officer and realized that I enjoyed working with like-minded people in the section,” Goeser said. “So, I never left.”

Goeser began her involvement with the ASEE SE officers in 2012 as the secretary of the instructional division, moving to serve as the technical program chair for the 2016 section conference, and most recently as president of the section for 2020-2021. She currently serves as the section’s newsletter editor. 

At each ASEE SE conference, she is invigorated by new ideas and returns to Georgia Southern and her students with renewed passion and techniques to improve student learning.

“It is a privilege to work with people who have a passion for student success,” Goeser said.

Share:

Posted in CEC News