Preparing for Advisement
Please prepare for your upcoming advisement:
- Schedule your advising appointment in advance. At peak times of the year, it may be difficult to get an appointment at a moment’s notice.
- Review your Curriculum Sheet. A copy of the Curriculum Sheet is available in the Advisement Center as well as online.
- Prepare a list of classes you would like to take next semester and bring it with you to advisement.
- Complete the Student Responsibility Checklist and bring it with you to advisement. Your advisor will go over with you anything you are unfamiliar with in the Checklist.
- Re-read the Academic Advising Syllabus
- If you are three semesters or fewer from graduating, complete and bring with you the application for Graduation Paperwork.
- Show up early or on time for your advisement time. If you are more than 15 minutes late your advisor may ask you to reschedule.
- Bring something to write with.
- Come with any questions you may have.
Scheduling an Appointment
You will receive instructions on how to schedule an advisement appointment from your advisor or you can use the link below. We use EAB Navigate to schedule appointments. You can also find your paperwork and RAN on EAB Navigate as your advisor stores this information for you under the notes tab.
Please click Meet Your Advisor to contact your advisor directly.
When should I get advised?
You should look for an e-mail from your advisor in your Georgia Southern account at the start of the semester. This e-mail will explain when advisement starts and when you can schedule an appointment.
When do I register for classes?
Students can check their registration time in MyGeorgiaSouthern. This will tell you exactly when you may start registering for the next term. In order to check this you will need to do the following:
- Log into MyGeorgiaSouthern and select WINGS.
- Select Student Records, then Registration.
- Select Term and click Submit.
- Select Check your Registration Status.
- This will show you detailed information about your Registration Status including the dates and times you may register?
What do I if I need an Override Form to get into a class I need?
Please come into the College of Engineering and Computing Student Services Center as soon as possible and complete an Override Form
. You must this form signed by your advisor before getting into the class.
What do the different error messages mean when I am trying to register for a class?
How do I change my major?
To change your major, log-in to your MyGeorgiaSouthern
account. Once logged in, look in the middle column for a box that reads “Change Your Major/Minor.” Follow the prompts to begin the change of major process.
Who advises graduate students?
They are advised in their respective departments by faculty.
How do I schedule an appointment with Career Services?
To schedule an appointment an Engineering and Computing Career Specialist students will need to:
- Go to Handshake
- Student Login: Use your MyGeorgiaSouthern login information
- In the right column under Career Tools and Advising select “Request an Appointment”
- Make appointment selections
- Important step: Select appointment length (30 or 60 minutes) and the calendar will appear
Last updated: 9/14/2020