Pre-award and Proposal Preparation
The Office of Research aids faculty members in identifying, obtaining and managing the funding needed to support their research and scholarship pursuits.
The Office of Research can assist faculty with any host of pre-award processes in support of garnering external funds for research and scholarship pursuits, including budget preparation, project/proposal development, cost share allocations and submission of the completed proposal.
The following steps should be taken by investigators to facilitate proper processing of all proposals:
- Contact the Office of Research early in the proposal preparation process to register the proposal with the office and to provide necessary programmatic information regarding the funding opportunity to your Grant Coordinator.
- Provide budgetary information to your Grant Coordinator so that a comprehensive budget may be prepared by the Office of Research for institutional routing and inclusion with the completed proposal, if necessary.
- Complete the internal approval form and include relevant financial and programmatic information where applicable.
- Certify and route proposal materials, including the completed proposal, proposal routing form and comprehensive budget for approval from the unit chair.
- Provide the proposal materials to your Grant Coordinator so that the materials may be routed to the dean. Once approvals from the unit chair have been obtained, the Office of Research will forward the proposal package to the dean and other administrative offices for institutional review.
The Office of Research must receive the completed proposal materials, including a proposal routing form signed by the unit chair, at least 5 business days in advance of the submission deadline.
Last updated: 6/16/2021