Engineering & Research Building
Engineering and Research Building under construction on the Statesboro campus, scheduled opening in Fall 2020.
With a strong focus on manufacturing engineering, the Engineering & Research facility will provide collaborative spaces for interdisciplinary research projects. The three-story building will host an impressive array of laboratories, learning studios and classroom encompassing more the 80,000 sq. ft. The building also has colloquiums space, reception space and meeting space. Please contact the Director of Industrial relations to schedule a tour.
Faculty & students will work on groundbreaking research to support existing industries and attract new companies to the region by
- providing resources for engineering faculty with technical expertise
- expanding access to hands-on labs to track project progress
- creating opportunities for innovation on customized projects with practical applications
- exploring applied research projects designed to support the manufacturing infrastructure in Georgia
Labs for Research, Learning & Production
- High bay space (see rendering below) for Large Scale projects
- Metal and Plastic Additive Manufacturing Labs
- Industrial Instrumentation & Controls Lab
- Instrumentation & Controls Lab
- Joining & Welding Lab
- Materials Characterization Lab
- Nano Materials & Manufacturing Lab
- Traditional, CNC Machining & Finishing Labs
- Renewable Energy Roof Deck lab – Solar, Wind, Weather
Artist rendering of first floor lobby looking into the high-bay space.
Find out more about this facility, the construction phases, and opportunities to partner
Contact Reinhold Gerbsch,
Director of Industrial Relations
RGerbsch@GeorgiaSouthern.edu or 912-478-5474
Last updated: 9/28/2020