Morris Technology – Software Application Specialist
Morris Technology LLC is a profit driven company that serves the media vertical with Software as a Service (SaaS) products and as well as Engineering and Support Services that keep our media customers running with strategic technology, 24/7. In tandem, the company through its team members continues to push the goal of ensuring the performance of industry strength, market turning products and services that contribute to our customers’ success and increase revenue. We also know how to throw a bowling party ever so oft for our team members.
Software Application Specialist
Morris Technology is growing in the area of project management and training with the advent of new products and services being offered to our customers. Thus we are seeking a team member who both has experience in these areas, and as well, is willing to learn new products, processes and procedures. Beyond the perfunctory parts of the role outlined below, we are looking for exceptional communicators, motivated self-starters, and those who have proven ability to multi task across a host of areas.
This Software Application Specialist position reports to the Director of Training, and assists with the training, project management and support for an array of software applications developed inhouse and by third party partners! The Software Application Specialist also needs to know that the Director of Training, throws a mean bowling ball down the lane!
Perform hands-on project management, including:
- Work closely with Project Manager, development team, and product owners to ensure projects are well-planned, executed efficiently, and delivered with high quality.
- Manages and maintains project information, including feature definition and scope, and epic and scrum planning.
- Converts technical release notes into user friendly documentation.
- Promotes knowledge sharing of best practices across teams.
- Documents business requirements and user stories with significant detail to ensure the development team has a full understanding of the stakeholders’ needs.
- Aids in the resolution of issues and risks throughout the project lifespan to combat scope creep.
- Performs user acceptance testing.
- Informs project manager and team of dependencies which are likely to impede the current sprint schedule.
- Compiles monthly reports from various internal and third party sources.
- Reviews report findings and best practices with customers.
Perform hands-on training functions, including:
- Designs and develops training within the Learning Management System (LMS) based on customer needs.
- Facilitates training in remote or face to face environment.
- Updates training as needed to ensure it is reflective of the most current features.
- Works with Director of Training to address customers’ training needs, methods, curriculum, and effectiveness.
- Produces effective training materials including presentations, video tutorials, cheat sheets, outlines, exercises, and assessments using a variety of formats suitable for target audience.
- Establishes and communicates training and implementation schedules with teams.
- Cultivates working relationships throughout the organization to better identify training gaps.
- Assists technical personnel to explain complex technical information and concepts to non-technical teams.
- Provides exemplary user training and support prior to, during, and after product implementation.
- Solicits the assistance of subject matter experts when available. Becomes subject matter expert as needed.
- Communicates opportunities for revenue growth and increased efficiency to customers and stakeholders.
- Experience with Project Management processes.
- Information Technology, Information Systems, Instructional Technology or Project Management degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Understanding of Adult Learning Theory.
- Experience producing digital training materials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people with varying skills and backgrounds.
So if these skills fall in your experience, and you want to join a great technology team, please send us your resume (and highest bowling score)!
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary commensurate with experience. We look forward to your application and ensuing interviews!
Posted in Jobs for IT Grads, Jobs for IT Majors