Director of Technology and Education – Savannah
The Director of Technology and Education is an integral part of the full time leadership team at the Frank Callen Boys & Girls Club ( Savannah, GA) and the position is a perfect fit for someone looking to take the next step in their career working with youth in a technology and education setting. Our technology programs have seen tremendous growth over the past five years and it is expected that growth and improvements will continue. Our goal is to be the premier agency for youth who have an interest in technology programs in the Savannah area. Our computer lab is sufficiently stocked with all the necessary hardware to run top quality programs on an every-day basis. With the number one priority being their work with the kids during program hours, the person who fills this position will also be responsible for a number of other responsibilities as listed below.
High Priority Responsibilities
- Plan and execute technology/stem activities for k-12 during afterschool, evening and summer hours
- Participate in BGCA national programs (Netsmartz, Digital Arts Festival, My.Future, Robotech, Clay Animation etc.)
- Create engaging STEM focused local programs
- Manage application, execution and reporting of technology grants
- Manage site performance and compliance for National Youth Outcomes Survey, including distributing of information, training, and survey management
- Support marketing efforts with pictures and/or video for special events, social media, web posts, or other needs as requested
- Develop relationships and coordinate partnership efforts
- Communicate with local school staff, teachers, and district personnel for summer school, online program access, and other issues
- Manage A/V setup and equipment for meetings and presentations
- Support updates to social media outlets and website
- Update blog
Medium Priority Responsibilities
- Maintain licensing compliance for Microsoft software, security products, and other installed software
- Manage and request software from BGCA, Tech Soup, or other vendors as needed
- Manage content filtering, network security, and workstation updates
- Manage Wi-Fi and LAN network servers
- Plan for timely updates and replacement of hardware
- Provide maintenance and troubleshooting to LAN and wireless networks
- Provide maintenance and troubleshooting for technology hardware
- Monitor security system, access logs, and rosters
- Manage network security and login credentials for staff and members
Other Responsibilities As Needed
- Create invitations, thank you notes, and print materials for club use
- Document club events with photos or social media as requested
- Create and distribute quarterly newsletter (digital and print editions)
- Manage email contact list
- Provide troubleshooting and IT assistance to staff as needed
- Create daily program schedule and staff assignments
- Manage domain and blog hosting accounts and registrations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field
- Minimum of five years experience in planning and implementing youth programs.
- Knowledge of youth development. Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff. Ability to deal with the general public.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Valid State Driver’s License
* This job description is not intended to cover every detail of the position as required. Its purpose is to give a broad overview of the general expectations for the person filling the position. Other duties/requirements may be added at any time and the position description may change as necessary to meet the needs of the Club.
Bachelor of Art/Science degree in a related field required
Email resume to:
Vincent J. DelMonte
Frank Callen Boys & Girls Clubs
Posted in Jobs for IT Grads