Data Scientist IT Co-op (Single Rotation)
Data Scientist Co-op
Are you passionate about data? Do you like solving complex problems? Then come and join our Business Intelligence team at Ahold USA, a startup environment in the middle of a big corporate office. We looking for creative out-of-the-box problem solvers.
As a Co-op Data Scientist, you will determine data requirements, providing structure for raw data, extracting and manipulating data, conducting analysis, and determining outcomes for product development and customer behavior.
- Knowledge of analytics tools and platforms (preferably MicroStrategy) but Tableau, Cognos or Qlik are a plus
- Knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling concepts and disciplines
- Knowledge of industry-leading practices
- Ability to propose analytic strategies and solutions
- Analyzing source system data and data flows, working with structured and unstructured data
- Manipulating high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate using strong verbal, written and listening skills
- Must be able to adapt quickly to change without being afraid to take on new responsibilities in a fast paced team environment while being proactive and action-oriented.
- Ability to come up with creative technical ways to resolve application and system
- Understanding agile development methodologies or concepts; experience with is a plus
- Excellent diagnostic, debugging, and troubleshooting
**This co-op position term is from January 2017 to June 2017.
For additional information or to apply for the position contact:
Alicia Harris – IT Co-op Program Coordinator
Posted in IT Internships, Jobs for IT Majors