Akamai Solutions Architect Co-ops – July – December
Solutions Architects are part of the Akamai Service Delivery team and work directly with clients to deliver Akamai’s solutions. You will be involved with projects from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing and customer sign-off. You will work independently or within a global technical team in delivering the appropriate solution to Akamai’s customers. You will plan, implement, test, and deploy Akamai platform configurations to integrate our customers’ web sites with the Akamai Intelligent Platform, develop and execute test cases and scripts for customer solutions. Solutions Architects work closely with internal stakeholders such as Sales Representatives, Project Managers, Technical Support and Engineering. Working with Akamai’s Media, Enterprise, Commerce and Hi Tech customers, you will utilize Akamai’s portfolio of security, media, downloads, mobile and acceleration products. This will give you the opportunity on cutting edge technology in the cloud. You will also participate in internal projects that help diversify the group, implement best practices, and improve methodology and quality of integrations.
About the Team
Recognizing that an organization’s approach to its Internet initiatives is developed long before implementation and is an on-going exercise long after go-live, Akamai Service Delivery offers consulting services that address all phases of a customer’s Internet strategy. Akamai’s Service Delivery team calls upon its Internet expertise to architect the optimal solution for the unique business and technical requirements of our customers. Through its proven methodologies and processes, this highly experienced team of consultants has implemented effective solutions for over 2,000 Akamai customers.
Work as a member of a cross-functional project team contributing to the technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility.
– Own the technical components of a customer integration project including but not limited to design, configuration, debugging, documentation, testing, and go live support.
– Integrate Akamai’s Solutions including media, acceleration, downloads and security products.
– Partner with Business Support, Sales, Engineering, Product Development and Customer Care to resolve issues that arise during customer trials, integrations, or post implementation support.
– Identify technical risks and provide mitigation strategies.
– Currently enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Electronic Engineering, Network Engineering, or relevant technical field experience.
– Academic or professional work experience, such as customer technical support, web development or with Internet technologies including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and web servers
– Familiar with Internet technologies including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and web servers.
– Industry recognized network and/or security technical certifications (CISSP, CISA, CCNP, CCNA etc.).
– Experience with UNIX and one or more web development languages, methodologies, and/or architectures – HTTP, DNS, Perl, PHP, Shell Scripting, J2EE, .NET, C#, JSP, ASP, Tomcat, Apache is a plus.
– Web development experience is a plus.
– Experience with TCP/IP network debugging with tcpdump or similar is desired.
– Technical consulting / support experience is a plus.
Akamai Technologies has a global presence with 20+ locations around the world. Akamai believes in pushing the envelope on innovation. If you are someone who wants to develop a career in cutting edge technology, Akamai is the answer. Your only limitation is your imagination. Akamai’s customers are some of the best-known companies in the world. Thousands of world-class companies look to Akamai every day to make their online business successful. Whether its complex cloud computing, eCommerce, online applications, downloads or HD Video, Akamai is uniquely aware of each industry’s specific challenges and ready to help make our customer’s business successful.
Posted in IT Internships, Jobs for IT Majors